FAQ - Daily Chat
1. What is the purpose of 6People?
- We aim to provide a platform that encourages authentic conversations between users and the building of connections.
2. What is the thumbs up for?
- Use the thumbs up for someone who made your day better or helped solve a problem. Use it sparingly and not for someone who posted a funny meme.
3. How is a user in the chat room assigned in their group?
- Currently a user is assigned to a chat room with others within the same state or country depending on how many users there are. As we gain more users, we will also group rooms based on age, topics and other filters/ preferences.
4. How are the chat rooms moderated?
- The chat rooms are moderated by an algorithm based on input from the users of the group. Users can flag, report or block other users. Depending on the severity and the number of users who have flagged an issue, the offending user will automatically be banned, the duration depending on the severity.
5. If I flag content or report a user, will I be identified as the person who has taken action?
- You will not be specifically named as the person who has taken action, however as the offending user will automatically be banned, you may or will likely be easily identified as the person who has taken action.
6. How does blocking a user work?
- A blocked user will still be in the room, however you will not be able to view their messages.
- Blocked users will not be advised they have been blocked by particular users.